Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) has implemented Intelligent Transport System (ITS) in 358 buses of the city fleet. A state of the Art Command Control Centre is built in ISBT-43 for monitoring of the ITS in buses. Nitin Kumar Yadav, IAS, Secretary Transport, UT, Chandigarh along with Mandip Singh Brar, IAS, Deputy Commissioner, UT, Chandigarh and Pradhuman Singh, HCS, Director Transport visited the Command Control Centre at ISBT 43.
Secretary Transport was briefed about the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) project as well as Command Control Centre operations. As a part of Efficient and Sustainable City Bus Service (ESCBS) project of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, partially funded from World Bank, the work of Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Intelligent Transportation System for City Bus Services was awarded to the System Integrator in November 2019.
The project comprises of the following modules:-
1) Automatic Vehicle Location System and Passenger Information System.
2) Automatic Fare Collection System.
3) Depot Management System.
4) Command Control centre.
The Passenger Information Display Screens have been installed at both Bus Terminals i.e. ISBT Sector 17 and 43, at Railway Station and at 37 nos Bus Queue Shelters at different locations. The commuters will be benefitted in terms of following:
- Live Tracking of En-route buses
- Expected Time of Arrival/Departure at Terminals, Bus Queue Shelters and at commuter locations through Mobile/Web App.
- Journey Planner
- Bus Route and Schedule.
- Grievance Redressal Management System(GRMS)
- In-bus CCTV Cameras – Improving the security of commuters.
- Cashless travel through Smart Cards (Personalized and Anonymous) along with facility of online recharge.